Welcome to Happy Paws Dog Walking & Training.
Happy Paws is a Dog Walking & Training service based in and around Shrewsbury, Shropshire. We are a positive reward based training provider, offering group classes for puppies and older dogs, 1:1 training, training workshops and also a walking service.
Tess Jerman is the founder of Happy Paws Dog Training & Walking. She is a fully qualified dog trainer. Tess gained her qualification through the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT) and passed with Merit. She also gained the Open College Network Level III 'Principles of Dog Training and Behaviour' accredited certification.
Training & Qualifications
- Full Member with Merit
- Two day Career as a Dog Trainer
- Four Day Practical Instructor
- Perfect Puppy
- Canine Body Language
- Canine Aggression & Rehabilitation
- Loose Leaders
- Happy Recalls
- Learning Theory
- Predatory Motor Patterns
- Level 3 Learning, Motivation & Reinforcement
- Level 3 Principles of Dog Training & Behavior
Dog Training College
British College of Canine Studies
- Canine First Aid Certificate.
- Professional Dog Walking Certificate.
- Studying towards Level 3 Diploma in Canine Behaviour.
- Canine Calmness Workshop.
- Predatory Substitute Training Workshop.
- Lead Walking Workshop.
- Canine Enrichment Workshop
- Puppy Socialisation Workshop
- Rock Solid Recall Workshop
- Solving Separation related problems Workshop
- Understanding Reactive Dogs Workshop
- Canine Fear Course
- Dogs & Children Course
- Reactive Rascals Course.
- Overcoming Separation Anxiety Webinar.
- Dogs & Children Webinar.
- Canine Body Language Specialist
- Puppy Training Specialist
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Absolutely amazing 1:1 training for our little Monty. Tess has really helped us with his recall and I’ve been amazed at how quickly he’s picked it up (considering how he was when we tried on our own!) We would recommend to anyone needing even just a little bit of extra help. Thank you, Tess
Just finished the puppy training course with Tess, she’s worked wonders with my little staffie covered more than I expected she’s been amazing with helping me train her as she is my first pup! Looking forward to going to the puppy socials togethers to continue teaching her many new things
I can’t recommend Happy Paws Dog Walking & Training more highly. Tess is so knowledgeable and amazingly patient (with my dog and me!). Dottie was such a nervous anxious puppy who is really starting to develop and showing her true colours. So couldn’t be happier. Thank you
Monday 8am - 6pm
Tuesday 8am - 6pm
Wednesday 8am - 6pm
Thursday 8am - 6pm
Friday 8am - 4pm
Saturday & Sunday - Appointments available on request.